Electricians Suffer Burns In Accident
It happened at Best Buy when an electrical box fell and flash-burned.
Two electricians were working on an electrical panel at about 2 a.m. Wednesday when the electrical box fell and flash-burned them, said Niles Fire Chief Steve Borkowski.
The incident happened at the Best Buy store at Greenwood Avenue and Golf Road, Niles.
Borkowski said the men were in good to fair condition, with burns, when Niles Fire Department took one, and North Maine Fire Department took the other, to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
"There was some kind of short or spark at the panel," Borkowski said. The electricians did not touch the box after that occurred, but got burned when it arced, he added.