Here's Where To Party New Year's Eve
If you go locally, you can always take a taxi home.
Niles is offering plenty of places to make New Year's Eve a special night. Here are a few to get you started. And if you want to have a great time without worrying about driving home, we've included a phone number to Niles Flash Cab, too.
- Class it up continental-style at White Eagle Banquets, 6839 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles, (847) 647-0660, which is offering a deluxe package with a four-course dinner, sweet table, bottles of red and white wine and vodka at each table, four and a half-hour open bar, dancing to the Marianna Band's Polish and American music, and champagne and party hats at midnight. It's priced at $105 per person, or $95 per person for parties of eight or more. Make reservations by noon Thursday.
- Like a little crooning with your cocktails? Chambers Seafood Grille and Chop House, 6881 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles, (847) 647-8282 is featuring a New Year's Bash with music by Ronnie Ross and additional piano and vocals for dancing with Jerry Owings. The regular menu is served starting at 3:30 p.m. and a special menu starts at 9 p.m.
- Howard Street Inn, 6700 W. Howard St., Niles, (847) 583-0795, is offering an all-you-can-drink package, with appetizers, from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., for $40 per person. You'll definitely want to take a taxi home after this one.
- Chasers Bar and Grill, 9003 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles, (847) 470-8800, has $3 specials on Mike's Hard Lemonade and other drinks, from 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. Hmm, if we're doing the math right, that could amount to 17 solid hours of drinking. But if you start at 11 a.m., you won't be able to do any math at all by midnight.
- Check out shows, restaurants, specials and more on the North Shore, including Skokie and Evanston locations, here. We like the offerings at Pinstripes.
The Northbrook Hilton is offering a gala event in its ballroom. It features food from the hotel restaurant Allgauer's as well as a five-hour open bar, live eight-piece jazz orchestra, midnight champagne toast and deluxe accommodations at the hotel with a generously late checkout time of 2 p.m. the following morning. Patch insider tip: Book directly with Amy at the Hilton to avoid the $30 fee some other ticket brokers are charging. 847-509-7013, $299 per couple.
- Niles Flash Cab. (847) 647-8777.