Last-Minute Places to Dine Out on Thanksgiving
Procrastinators are in luck as there is someone catering to their taste.
If you were too busy to cook for Thanksgiving, and didn't find the time to make reservations, don't worry. Local restaurants will still find you a table for your feast of thanks.
1) Chambers Seafood Grill and Chop House, 6881 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Niles, features a tradition-style dinner of turkey, ham, soup, salad, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, cornbread, pumpkin pie and more. The cost is $22.95 for adults and $11.95 for children. 847-647-8282.
2) Cafe Lucci, 609 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Glenview. A short distance north of Golf Mill Shopping Center, Cafe Lucci's homestyle Thanksgiving offers lentil soup or Lucci salad, roast turkey with sweet apple stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, vegetables, sweet or garlic mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. It's $19.95 for adults and $13.95 for children. 847- 729-2268.
3) Allgauer's Restaurant, 2855 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Northbrook, is hosting a deluxe Thanksgiving meal costing $37.95 for adults and $14.95 for children older than 3 (free for those younger). It includes champagne, smoked salmon, an oyster bar, turkey, chipotle roasted turkey, ham, sage dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce, assorted salads, pies, juice, coffee and tea. 847-664-7999.
4) Houlihan's, 505 Touhy Ave. in Park Ridge, is offering a Thanksgiving buffet for the first time. It includes roast turkey, cornbread stuffing, turkey gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Mediterranean orzo salad, pear-jicama salad, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, mini burgers, enchiladas and more. It's $19.95 for adults and $7.95 for children ages 4-10. 847-692-6205.
5) White Eagle Banquets, 6859 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Niles, offers a feast comprising soup, salad, turkey, ham, kielbasa and sauerkraut, vegetable, potato, pierogis, pumpkin pie, Polish pastries and more at $22.50 for adults and $11.25 for children. 847-647-0660.
6) For something completely different, Woori Village, 8256 W. Golf Rd. in Niles, offers a Korean buffet with not a slice of turkey in sight. 847-966-8990.