Holiday Fun This Weekend In Morton Grove, Niles
On Saturday, there's Breakfast with Santa, the Farmer's Market is held indoors and Mayor Staackmann speaks on Morton Grove mayors. On Sunday, breakfast with Santa at 10, and he rides through Morton Grove at noon. Plus concerts, prizes.
It's shaping up to be a big weekend in Morton Grove and Niles, with the opening of the Winter Farmer's Market and the arrival of Santa, who will ride through the village on a large sleigh (OK, firetruck) and toss candy to children. Plus, have breakfast with him.
Then check out the sultry songstress in concert at the Morton Grove library, or the Andrews Sisters tribute group at the Niles Library, Sunday. You can also hop over to Golf Mill Shopping Center in Niles for breakfast with Santa Saturday morning, or St. John Brebeuf for Breakfast with Santa Sunday morning.
Saturday, Dec. 1
- Morton Grove Farmer's Market Winter Market, 9 am to 2 pm at the Morton Grove American Legion Center.
- Breakfast with Santa at Golf Mill Shopping Center.
- "Morton Grove's Mayors" Mayor Dan Staackmann talks about his predecessors in office, the mayors whom citizens of Morton Grove chose to lead them over three centuries in history. 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Morton Grove Historical Society.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- Start Sunday with Breakfast with Santa at St. John Brebeuf Catholic Church in the Parish Ministry Center, 8301 N. Harlem, Niles. 10 a.m. $5.
- Santa Rides Through the Streets of Morton Grove, noon to 3 p.m. Sunday. Click through for a map of the routes. He'll toss candy to kids. Kids who get a specially marked piece of candy can redeem it for a prize.
- Can you get sultry in the afternoon? Singer Spider Saloff can. She'll be styling songs at the Morton Grove Library in a 2 p.m. concert.
- The Niles Public Library will be hosting its Holiday Open House, with the Legacy Girls performing holiday favorites in their Andrews Sisters-tribute singing and dancing style. There will also be holiday treats and stories for kids. 2 p.m.