Moms Talk: We Need Lunchbox Ideas!
Parents, you're invited to join the online conversation. Today: Peanut butter or meat? Lunchbox or paper sack? Cookie or fruit?
Parents, school is starting, and we've got a day or two to figure out what to pack for our kids' lunches.
This presents lots of choices, including:
- Whole grain or squishy white bread?
- Peanut butter or meat?
- If meat, how do you keep it cold enough so it doesn't grow bacteria?
- If peanut butter, will your child hurt her allergic friends?
- Lunchbox or paper sack?
- If a lunchbox, should it have a cold section and a room temperature section? A built-in water bottle?
- If you put in a cookie or candy, will that create bad food habits forever?
- What kind of fruit doesn't bruise? Since the kids probably don't want the same fruit every day, give us a few suggestions here.
- If you pack a spoon or fork, should it be disposable (bad for the environment) or reusable (the downside is you have to wash it)?
And you thought this was simple? You practically need a degree in food science to do this right!
Parents, scroll down to the comments to give us your suggestions.