Get Out: Plan Your Motown To Super Bowl Weekend
We've got alternative rock and Latin dancing suggestions, too.
It's Thursday, and you've got no idea what to do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue with suggestions for your done-work-outta here time in this new weekly feature, "Get Out."
Got suggestions for next weekend? Post them under "events" on niles.patch.com (it's free) and let us know at email@example.com.
- Shimmy and shake, or just listen, to the masters of Motown as Tony Smith plays a live concert of music from that label at Chambers Seafood Grill and Chop House, 6881 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles. 9 p.m. $5 cover.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- Get your salsa, merengue and other Latin dancing on at Noches Latina, held at Mango Restaurant, 8743 North Milwaukee Ave. Niles, (847) 967-0030. The dancing starts at 10 p.m. and continues until about 4 a.m.--if you can last that long.
- Listen to Diving for Dynamite as Ted Ansani and former members of Mighty Pilot present an alternative rock concert. 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Emerald Isle Bar and Grill, 6686 Northwest Hwy., Chicago, in the Edison Park neighborhood. (773) 775-2848.
- St. John Brebeuf's Super Bowl Party will be held in the Parish Ministry Center, 8307 N. Harlem, Niles. Doors open at 2 p.m. for bar snacks and nachos, and the hot food is served at 4 p.m. It includes pizza, chicken wings, bratwurst, Polish sausage, beer, pop, coffee and dessert. $20 per adult and $5 per child 14 and younger. The event is hosted by the SJB Holy Name Men's Club. Raffle prizes include an HD flat screen TV with a Blu-Ray DVD player. For additional information, call: Dennis O’Donovan, (224) 616-0753 or Andy Beierwaltes (847) 966-6961.
- With its big picture windows and nice architecture, The Howard Street Inn, 6700 W. Howard St., Niles, (847) 583-0795, provides an attractive setting and lively crowd to watch the Super Bowl with. It has plenty of TVs visible from any table. The restaurant's full-service bar and wide variety of menu items will let you pig out as the pigskin flies.
- Chaser's Bar and Grill, 9003 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Niles, (847) 470-8800, provides a place to watch the Super Bowl, hang out with the guys and eat cheeseburgers and fries. All eyes here are on TV screens during the game, and the crowd reacts to every move the teams make.