Where Are the Best Places for Soup?
We’re asking readers to suggest great, local places to get delicious, hot soup.
It’s windy; it’s frigid. Winter awoke at last, and it is a good time to enjoy a bowl of hot soup. Calling on the knowledge of the estimable community on Des Plaines Patch’s Facebook page, we asked, who knows a good place for soup?
Here, in no particular order, were some of the suggestions:
- Cream of potato soup at Pap’s Ultimate Sports Bar and Grill, 1904 S. Elmhurst Road in Mount Prospect.
- Mac’s Restaurant, 812 Higgins Road in Park Ridge. On Friday they were serving Manhattan Clam Chowder.
- Omega Restaurant, 9100 W. Golf Road in Niles. They were serving chicken Matzo ball soup, sweet and sour cabbage soup, clam chowder and beef noodle soup on Friday.
- Lobster chowder from Whole Foods. Teresa Lytle Curtin stated, “It’s located in the fresh fish department. Not by the hot food to-go items.” Whole Foods stores are located at 840 Willow Road in Northbrook and at 1331 N. Rand Road in Palatine.
- Ginger butternut squash soup at Mariano’s Fresh Market, 802 E. Northwest Highway in Arlington Heights.
- Crab bisque at Don’s Dock Seafood Market, 1220 E. Northwest Highway in Des Plaines.
Now we’re asking you, where is a great place to get soup?
Add your suggestion in the comment section below.
Show us your soup!
Click on the green, “Upload Photos and Videos,” button above to share a picture of the soup you’re enjoying.