Invite a friend
Morton Grove Park District's Ice Rink Grand Opening
The Morton Grove Park District would like to invite you to join us for a ribbon cutting ceremony and hot chocolate to celebrate the opening of our new ice rink.
For the first time this century, the community is invited to enjoy free ice skating at Prairie View Park. The ice rink is located adjacent to the tennis courts in Prairie View Park (6834 W. Dempster). Opening ceremonies will take place on Friday, December 17th at 4:00 p.m.
The Morton Grove Park District's Historical Museum will offer free hot chocolate to all attendees.
Ice rink hours are:
Sunday-Thursday: 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Patrons must provide their own skates. Please call (847) 965-1200 with any questions.
More About Morton Grove Park District
Renovated in 1996, the Morton Grove Park District is a large facility for community events and recreation. The district oversees 14 parks with a total of 67 acres of land in Morton Grove. There is a 5,000 square-foot fitness club with equipment for cardio and fitness, as well as outdoor space for exercise. The building provides multi-purpose meeting rooms for the community. In addition, the Maine-Niles Association of Special Recreation (MNASR) is located on the second floor.
Other events here
- Morton Grove Park District Zumba Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:45 am–10:45 am
- Kickboxing Class Weekly on Mondays, 5:45 pm–6:45 pm
- Morton Grove Park District Zumba Weekly on Fridays, 9:45 am–10:45 am
- Park Board Committee of the Whole Meeting June 13, 2013 / July 11, 2013 / August 8, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Park Board Meetings May 16, 2013 / June 20, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / August 15, 2013 / September 19, 2013 / October 24, 2013 / November 21, 2013 / December 19, 2013, 6:00 pm–6:30 pm
- Park Board Committee Meeting May 2, 2013 / September 5, 2013 / October 3, 2013 / November 7, 2013 / December 5, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Park Board Committee Meeting May 9, 2013 / September 12, 2013 / October 17, 2013 / November 14, 2013 / December 12, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm