- On this anniversary of 9/11, it's Patriot Day, and that means lowering your flag to half-staff, blogger Jac Charlier reminds us.
- A 9/11 remembrance ceremony will be held at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11 at Park Ridge Fire Station #35, located at 901 W. Devon Ave. (at Cumberland), Park Ridge. Morton Grove had a moment of silence at its board meeting Monday; Niles did not have a ceremony.
- All Niles West and Niles North students (D219) are invited to the College Planning Night Wednesday at Niles North at 6:30. Parents, they will discuss costs, so bring pain medication.
- Get snazzy with your Power Point presentations. If you already know the basics, take "Do More With PowerPoint 2010" at the Morton Grove Library, 7 p.m.
- Chicago alderman are considering a ban on concealed weapons in city restaurants that serve alcohol, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. The proposal is a reaction to the new state-wide concealed carry law, that includes a ban on concealed weapons in bars and restaurants that get more than 50 percent of their sales from liquor. The proposal in Chicago would extend that ban to all establishments that serve liquor, according to CBS Chicago.
What do you think? Should Niles and Morton Grove consider a similar ban on concealed weapons in all places that serve alcohol? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Like Niles-Morton Grove Patch on Facebook
Get Niles and Morton Grove news in a free daily email from Patch