- 10 a.m. book discussion of Eaarth by Bill McKibben at , 6140 Lincoln Ave., Morton Grove. The author provides sobering details about global warming and climate change and points to what humans need to do next. A second book discussion will be held Tuesday April 24 at 7 p.m.
- holds its Rummage Sale starting at 9 a.m., Senior Center (located in the same building as the Niles Family Fitness Center), Civic Center Plaza, southeast corner of Waukegan Road and Oakton Street, Niles.
- From 2 to 6 p.m., bring your unneeded craft supplies or unfinished craft projects to 6140 W. Dempster, Morton Grove, for April 21 Craft Supply Swap (see April 21).
- Craft Supply Swap, 9 a.m. to noon. Bring your unfinished craft project, or craft supplies, and/or take home supplies someone else didn't need. American Legion Memorial Civic Center, 6140 W. Dempster, Morton Grove Entry donation: one non-perishable can or box of food.
- holds Earth Day Food and Crafts for teens at 2 p.m. Teens can learn how to take recycled trash and turn it into treasure. Also, make tasty snacks from eco-friendly ingredients. Register for Earth Day Food and Crafts by calling 847-663-1234 or online at nileslibrary.org/calendar.
- 7 p.m. book discussion of Eaarth by Bill McKibben at , 6140 Lincoln Ave., Morton Grove. The author provides sobering details about global warming and climate change and points to what humans need to do next.
- Earth Day 2012 Event at Wildwood Nature Center, 529 Forestview, Park Ridge, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Features Illinois birds of prey, the Second Time Around band, Scales and Tales animal show (1 pm), eco-friendly fashion show, eco-friendly products and services, tree rope climb, re-use a shoe dropoff, rain barrel sale, games, raffle and prizes.
- Skokie holds its Spring Greening Expo, http://skokiespringgreening.org/
- Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County holds an electronics recycling event at Niles North High School, 9800 N. Lawler, Skokie, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Composting Workshop at Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County transfer station. Diane Bolash, a University of Illinois Extension Master Composter will be leading the workshop in two shifts between 1-3 p.m. that day.
Have more events to add? Scroll to the Comments, below, and let us know!