Like humans in general, moms have their own tastes and preferences. You know yours the best, so we've compiled this handy-dandy gift guide to appeal to what she loves. Look it over and get ready to gift her on Mothers Day, May 12.
- If your mom loves her town, an/or likes history, get Niles: The Early Years or Images of America: Morton Grove. She'll have fun looking at photos of the way things used to look. Available at local Walgreens drugstores and Barnes and Noble. The Morton Grove book is also available at Morton Grove Village Hall.
- She's ready to plant her garden? Head to Meinke's Garden Center for flowers, seedlings, veggie plants, hanging flower pots and lots more.
- If she likes theater and/or music, get her tickets to Northlight Theatre in Skokie or Ravinia in Highland Park.
- Loehmann's has deals on designer fashions, while the Land's End Inlet has well-made casual clothes. Both are in Morton Grove.
- She likes fancy foods, jewelry, fine chocolates? The Morton Grove Farmers Market on Saturday, May 11 will have vendors purveying those and many more giftables. 8 a.m. to noon at Harrer Park.
- If your mom likes purses, Ross Dress for Less has designer handbags at discount.
- The Sephora shop inside JCPenney at Golf Mill has gift sets, fragrances and other things mom might like.
- Spending time with mom doing something fun can be part of the gift. Monika Kalicki, marketing manager of Golf Mill Shopping Center, suggests two free events: theMay 9th Diva Montell Concert and the Heartland Creative Craft Fair May 10-12.
- If your mom texts and tweets, opt for an iPad, iPad Mini or other tablet at Best Buy or Target.
- European Imports is popular with moms who like Lladro, Precious Moments or other collectables.
- Spring for dance lessons for Mom at Rhythm School of Dance, Interclub Academy of Dance or Dance Time with Friends.
- Your mom needs to know the latest news in town. Sign her up to receive Patch.com's daily news email each morning. It won't cost you a thing. Genius.
Have more ideas for great gifts? Share them in the comments, below. Happy Mothers Day!