Tortoiseshell cat lovers, gather 'round and meet C.A.R.E. super-tortie Hazel. This adorable girl with a checkerboard face would love to come home with you. Like many torties, Hazel enjoys spending time with people and enjoys being petted.
Hazel's favorite pastime is to hang out in C.A.R.E.'s vestibule (when the shelter's closed to the public) and watch C.A.R.E. dogs being walked in the front yard. Some she likes, others, not so much.
"Once you adopt me, I plan to spend half the time looking out your windows, half the time bonding with you, and half the time sleeping on your bed," says the mathematically challenged cat. "Cat beds are for cats, 'real' beds are for princesses, like me! I had a litter of kittens and they have all been adopted to C.A.R.E. families. Now I'm so ready to go to my forever home and become the center of attention."
- Domestic Shorthair, 1.5 years old, Tortoiseshell, Spayed female
- ASPCA Feline-ality™ Assessment rating: Orange / Sidekick
- Hazel would do best as the only cat. We are not sure how she feels about dogs.
- Hazel would do best in a home with children 10 and older.
- Hazel is microchipped, spayed, and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Hazel?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Hazel and speak to an adoption counselor. C.A.R.E. adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
- - - - - >^..^< - - - - - >^..^< - - - - - >^..^< - -- - - -
Visit C.A.R.E. online at care-evanston.org.Follow C.A.R.E. on Facebook for pet updates and news--facebook.com/CAREevanston, and on Twitter, @CAREevanston.
- - - - - >^..^< - - - - - >^..^< - - - - - >^..^< - -- - - - -