In addition to the Mariano's being planned for Touhy Avenue near McCormick Boulevard in Skokie, two more Mariano's stores are coming to the area.
The Chicago Tribune reported Monday that Roundy's, the parent company of Mariano's, has purchased 11 Chicago-area Dominick's locations that were slated to close at the end of December, including the one on Cumberland in Park Ridge and the one on Willow Road in Northfield.
Notably, the list did not include the Dominick's in Morton Grove, which is the town's only full-service grocery store.
Crain's Chicago Business is also reporting the sale.
The 11 Dominick's locations purchased by Roundy's in the $36 million deal announced Monday, according to the Tribune, are:
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market St.
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
READ: Dominick's to Leave Morton Grove
There are currently 13 Mariano's locations in the Chicago area, according to the Tribune. The one in Skokie is in the blueprint stages.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on area news: