Saturday June 2: First day of 2012 Regular Season
The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market will take place rain or shine*
at 6210 Dempster St. from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join us for the Opening Day of the 2012 regular season!
- 8:00 am The Market will open at it’s regular time.
- 9:00 am Children are welcome to attend Story Time with Miss Laura at the Kiddie Corner.
- 9:30 am The Park View Elementary School Band will perform, leading up to the opening ceremony.
- 10:00 am The Morton Grove Boy Scouts will begin a flag ceremony procession along Dempster in front of the market site at 6210 Dempster. Once inside the Farmers’ Market, the flag ceremony will continue when Marilyn Metz, a Niles West Student, sings the national anthem. There will also be brief speeches made by local officials welcoming everyone to the third season of the Morton Grove Farmers’ Market. The Market Manager team, the Farmers’ Market committee members and volunteers, and local VIP’s will cut the ceremonial ribbon. The Park View Band will play as the shopping resumes.
- 11:00 am Classical guitarist and a vocal/acoustic performer Jonathan Weber will perform.
This Week at the Market… strawberries, asparagus, rhubarb, snap peas, lettuces, green onions, flowers, and other early summer produce…
We are pleased to have 25% more vendors than ever before to assist with all your shopping, dining, and gift giving needs!
- Benhart Farm (meats/eggs)
- Blankenship Farm/Orchard
- Lyons Fruit Farm
- Nichols Farm
- Patyk Farm
- Providence Farm
- Red Barn Farm and Market (Featured Vendor of the Week)
- Buttercream by Julianna (gluten-free)
- Maier’s Bakery
- Sweety Pies Bakery
- Albo Acres (alpaca wool)
- Boston Knife Sharpening
- Brian Kabat Photography
- Brick Oven Kitchen (hummus and pita chips)
- Carny Brothers Kettle Corn
- Cheese People
- Jilly Bean Jar
- John Bailey Honey
- Joy n Pure (honey nuts snacks and granola)
- Katydids Homemade Condiments
- LAZ Cosmetics
- Of Spice and Men (spices)
- River Valley Kitchens
- Super Cup Coffee
Our Community Group of the week will be the Morton Grove Board of Environmental Health. They will have information about the environment, recycling, and the West Nile virus. At our Sponsor table will be Inland Bank and North Grove Manor.
This Saturday morning, visit the Morton Grove Historical Museum’s Education Center for fun, family activities, just north of the Market.
On Opening Day, use your smart phone to “check-in to the Market” on facebook or foursquare. Show your screen to the Welcome booth volunteers to claim your free Morton Grove Farmers’ Market reusable tote bag! Limit one bag per customer per week, please.
Both Morton Grove Park District pools will open at 12 noon on Saturday, June 2nd. Harrer Pool is right next to the Market 6250 W. Dempster St, Morton Grove IL. Oriole Pool is located at 9200 Oriole Ave, Morton Grove IL.
Visit our new location at 6210 Dempster St., Morton Grove, IL 60053
Saturdays, June 2 – Oct 20 8a-12p (no market June 30th)
Leave a message for the Morton Grove Farmers’ Market at email@example.com or 847.750.MGFM (6436).
Follow us on twitter @mgfarmersmarket