Morton Grove Farmers' Market
Saturday, August 17thMarket Hours: 8 am - 12 pm
Market Address: 6210 Dempster St., Morton Grove
School may be starting soon, but our market season is still going strong! We still have 10 more markets in the regular season - and lots of them are FESTIVALS!
Thank you so much for making our Market a part of your weekend! We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!
FEATURED VENDOR: Brick Oven Kitchen
(hummus in several varieties: traditional, Mediterranean, cumin, roasted red pepper, and chipotle, giardiniera, and homemade pita chips)
- Illinois and Michigan sweet corn is still available from Blankenship Farm from Eau Claire, MI, Patyk Farms from Richmond, IL, Twin Garden Farms from Harvard, IL and Wright Way Farm from Beloit, WI.
- ABC7 News Reporter Frank Mathie recently visited Twin Garden Farms for their famous Mirai sweet corn. See the video here.
- Fresh, local produce including SWEET CORN, ZUCCHINI, BEANS, KOHLRABI, RADISHES, POTATOES, BEETS, GREEN BEANS, CARROTS and much more! EACHES, APRICOTS, PLUMS, APPLES, TOMATOES, BLUEBERRIES, CUCUMBERS, BROCCOLI,
- Click here for a Seasonal Produce Guide.
- Prepared foods, bakery items, meat, eggs and cheeses
- Artisan crafts and goods
- Doug Blake from 8-10 am
- Mama Tried from 10 am -12 pm
Community Group:Child Studies Group of Northwestern University
Sponsors On Hand:Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers and North Shore Martial Arts
The North Shore Martial Arts Black Belt Demo Team will perform tae kwon do and nun-chuck demonstrations at 10:30 am & 11:30 am.
Don't forget our FREE weekly giveaway drawing of products from our wonderful vendors.
You can enter every week at the Welcome Booth on Saturdays between 8 am - 12 pm. The lucky winner will be notified by e-mail or phone to pick up their prize on the following Saturday.
These are the wonderful vendors scheduled for this Saturday's Farmers' Market:
- Albo Acres (alpaca wool, hand knit products, stuffed animals)
- Alluring Spectrums back 8/31 (hand-carved wood, stained glass)
- Aunty Jeanne's (jams, jellies, honey) For every 8 oz Ball or Mason brand canning jar you recycle with Aunty Jeanne, she will give you 25 cents!
- Backyard Bed and Breakfast back 8/24 (hand-crafted wooden bird and bat houses, squirrel feeders)
- Beijo de Chocolat (award winning chocolates, pastries, gourmet teas)
- Benhart Farms (pork, beef, burgers, sausages, poultry, cage free brown eggs)
- Blankenship Farms (fruits, vegetables)
- Brian Kabat Photography back 8/24 (calendars, greeting cards, portrait services)
- FEATURED VENDOR Brick Oven Kitchen (hummus, pita chips, salads)
- Buttercream by Julianna (gluten-free baked goods, made to order waffles)
- The Cheese People (artisan cheeses)
- Diana's Whoopie Pies (whoopie pies and fruit pies)
- Fusion Spice (vegetarian and vegan Indian themed wraps and mini-samosas)
- Jilly Bean Jar back 8/31 (hand crafted aprons, hair accessories, soap savers, sandwich wraps, girls' dresses)
- Gretta's Goats back 9/28 (organic goat milk soaps)
- LAZ Cosmetics (natural bath and body care, hand made jewelry)
- Lyons Fruit Farm (fruits, vegetables, flowers, cage free eggs)
- Maier's Bakery (local danishes, doughnuts, sweet rolls, coffee cakes, and breads)
- North Shore Pet Chef (all natural pet foods and treats)
- Patyk Farms (Illinois grown vegetables, flowers, plants)
- Super Cup Coffee Shop (hot and iced coffee, lemonade, bottled water, salsa)
- Tamales Express (meat and vegetarian tamales, tacos, elotes / corn on the cob)
- Twin Garden Farms (Illinois grown Mirai sweet corn)
- Wright Way Farm (organic vegetables, whole wheat flour and whole wheat pasta)
Little Sprout t-shirts and MGFM bags, t-shirts and sweatshirts are available for sale at the Welcome Booth every Saturday.
See more of last week's Corn Day photos on our Facebook photo album here or our Flickr photo album here.Upcoming Events:The Morton Grove Farmers' Market's full season will take place from 8 am - 12 pm EVERY Saturday through October 19th. Join us for shopping, dining, live entertainment, activities for the kids, and so much more!
Saturday, August 24th: Dance Day
featuring the McNulty Irish Dancers, the Morton Grove Park District dance classes, the Glenview Squares, and the Morris Dancers
- Saturday, August 31st: Gluten-Free Day
- Saturday, September 7th: Senior Day
Saturday, September 14th: Scouting Day
Saturday, September 21st: Harvest Fest
Double your Link dollars (up to $25 per card per week) with Double Value Tokens provided by NorthShore University HealthSystems.
Questions about Link at our Market? Click the Frequently Asked Questions here: MGFM Link Customer FAQ or MGFM Link Vendor FAQ!
For more information about our calendar, vendors or sponsors, please
call 847.750.6436, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, orvisit our website:www.mgfarmersmarket.com
Parking for the Market is located in the MB Financial Bank South lot, the American Legion Civic Center lot, the Historical Museum lot, and the Harrer Pool parking lots (both East and West of the Pool).
Out of consideration for our neighboring businesses, please do not park in the street along Fernald, south of Dempster.