In our Suburban Stadiums series, Morton Grove Patch is exploring the history and ammenities of different recreational spots around town. Each week we'll run a different profile, and post the links to this page as we go.
With 22 acres devoted to baseball fields, tennis courts and walking paths, is one of the most popular athletic facilities in Morton Grove.
In contrast to Morton Grove’s bigger, more action-packed Harrer Pool, has a more local feel and consistently attracts a solid group of loyal swimmers aquatic adventurists.
As the larger of Morton Grove’s two water parks, plays host to a large number of visitors who come from throughout the Chicagoland area.
The Haupt-Yehl house was built in 1888 – seven years before the Village of Morton Grove was incorporated. A hundred years later, the Historical Society and saved the house from demolition and moved it to its present site in . Now, the Haupt-Yehl House is co-operated by the Morton Grove Historical Society and the Park District.
Austin Park and Field House: In 1997, the park district completed renovations to that included new walkways, landscaping and a new sand volleyball court. The main project involved the construction of a Bike Tech area. It’s an area designed for small bikes and tricycles. It includes railroad crossings and stop signs among other things to help kids learn about the real world rules of the road.
Prarie View Community Center and Fitness Club: Club Fitness is a 5,000-square-foot facility complete with a variety of personal training equipment and rooms for fitness classes inside the Community Center. It features several treadmills, elipticals, rowers, climbers and bicycles, and it has a full line of Paramount XL strength equipment with a wide range of dumbbells. The Community Center also has racquetball courts and a gymnasium, where open gym is sometimes held for basketball.