Here's a look ahead at what's happening in the Niles and Morton Grove area this week.
- The Morton Grove village board will meet Monday night at 7 p.m. Click here to see the agenda. There will be a moment of remembrance for 9/11 during the meeting.
- The Niles 2030 Plan Implementation committee meets from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- A 9/11 remembrance ceremony will be held at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11 at Park Ridge Fire Station #35, located at 901 W. Devon Ave. (at Cumberland), Park Ridge.
- Attend Bike Niles Day on Saturday, Sept. 14 for a family bike ride through Miami Woods (ride as a group), refreshments, and an extreme bicycle performance by Matt Wilhelm, a three-time X-Game medalist. There will also be helmet fitting checks, bike maps of Niles and more.
- Maine East plays Niles West in boys' varsity football Thursday at 7:30 at Maine East.
- The Maine South Hawks play Glenbrook North Thursday at 7 p.m. It's an away game.
- Niles North plays New Trier at Niles North at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12.
- Yom Kippur, the most sacred day on the Jewish calendar, begins the evening of Friday, Sept. 13 and ends the evening of Saturday, Sept. 14.
Like Niles-Morton Grove Patch on Facebook
Stay informed! Get Niles and Morton Grove news in a daily email from Patch