Here's what's happening this week in Niles and Morton Grove.
- School starts today for Notre Dame College Prep students. Here's to a good school year, guys!
- "What You Need to Know About the Affordable Care Act," a program put on by the Morton Grove Chamber of Commerce, takes place Thursday at 9 a.m.
- Concerned about ethics in Niles government? The newly-rearranged Niles Ethics Board meets Tuesday at 5:30.
- Do you love food? Are you a locavore, or a foodie? Join the Morton Grove and Skokie libraries for a book discussion of American Terroir, which talks about how local climates affect the taste of foods. At the Curragh Irish Pub in Skokie, Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- By Friday, you'll be ready for some entertainment. Main Street Cabaret performs Broadway hits at the Morton Grove Public Library at 7 p.m.
- Skokie's fab fest of the summer, Backlot Bash, runs Friday through Sunday, with bands such as The English Beat, The Steepwater Band and Tributosaurus becomes Kool and the Gang. The vast majority of the music is original. They even close down Oakton Street for this party.
Like Niles-Morton Grove Patch on Facebook
Sign up to receive Niles and Morton Grove news in a free daily email from Patch.