- It's National Fire Prevention Week. Did you make your family escape plan yet, with a defined place to meet after all are out? Did you change your smoke detector batteries? Here are some tips.
- Buy a $2 hot dog lunch Monday to benefit Wright-Way Animal Shelter, where a runaway bus crashed into a building last week. The lunch is at the Niles Senior Center from 11:30 to 1 p.m. or until supplies run out.
- Ready to tail gate? Get to St. John Brebeuf Church's parking lot by 5:30 Thursday, Oct. 10, for beer and hearty tailgate food, then watch the Bears Beat the Giants on a 45-foot screen. If it rains, the event will move indoors.
- Romantics, rejoice! The Jane Austen Festival--two months long--begins Saturday at Morton Grove Library. Make a shawl like Jane would have worn, plus two movies based on Austen heroines.
- On Sunday Oct. 13, there's a Home and Safety Fair at Oakton Community College's Skokie Campus. Learn to protect your family against ID theft, crime, fires and more; and protect your kids against cyberbullying.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something