Here are some things coming up in Niles and Morton Grove this week.
- The Morton Grove village board meets Monday at 7 p.m. at village hall. See what's on the agenda.
- Dr. Mehmet Oz is coming to Advocate Health Care on Ballard Road in Park Ridge to promote flu shots. 8 a.m., 1775 Ballard Road, Park Ridge.
- State Sen. John Mulroe's office hosts an explainer session on Obamacare, also called the Affordable Care Act. 6 p.m. at the Schiller Park Community Center.
- A witty musical about four New Yorkers writing a musical, and hoping to realize their theater dreams, will be put on by Niles West High School students working on their own theater dreams.It's called [title of show]. Yes, that's the actual title. Free performance Weds. Oct. 30 at 10 a.m. and then Friday and Saturday evenings, $7-$10.
- Thursday is Halloween. Get ready for trick-or-treating.
- The Morton Grove Public Library is screening the movie "Ghostbusters" at 2 p.m. Thursday for the holiday. Can you even say the name without hearing the theme song play in your head?
- Learn about the beautiful Mexican custom of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) at Niles West High School Friday from 5 to 8:30 p.m. The holiday offers an affectionate, light-hearted way to remember departed loved ones. Children can work on crafts related to the holiday.