The weekend is here! Find fun things to do for date night or with kids, family and friends.
- Maine South High School plays Wheaton-Warrenville South at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, at home. These guys have given Hawks football players a run for their money in past years.
- Maine East High School plays Amundsen at 7:30 Friday in football action.
- Your veggies have come in as the Morton Grove Farmers Market is bursting with harvest goodies. 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
- Make your sweet tooth happy at the grand opening of Nothing Bundt Cakes at 9717 Skokie Boulevard, Skokie. When the store opens at 10 a.m., be among the first 50 people to make a purchase, and win free bundtlets (cakes with about two nice portions) once a month for a year. Also, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., cake sampling, face painting, a balloon artist and raffle.
- Niles West High School plays Niles North in the Skokie Skirmish at 1 p.m. at Niles North.
- Do you like vampire novels? Twilight? Then come meet New York Times-bestselling author Holly Black (The Spiderwick Chronicles) as she reads from her dark vampire tale for young adults, "The Coldest Girl in Coldtown." 1 p.m. Sunday at Barnes and Noble north.
- Operetta in Exile tells the story of librettists and composers who ran into trouble with the Third Reich. Five singers and a chamber ensemble tell their story, described as haunting and poignant. Sunday at the Illinois Holocaust Museum, Skokie.
- Ravinia is still open--but just barely--with "The Gospel of the Other Mary" Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Gorilla Tango Theater is holding auditions Saturday and Sunday for youth for its new play, "Trusted Promises."
- Golf School District 67 is having an ice cream social for its families at National Park Field House, Morton Grove, Sunday Sept. from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Get out the word on YOUR event. Post it to skokie.patch.com/events
Get Niles and Morton Grove news in a free daily email from Patch