Fun events for the weekend of Sept. 13-15.
- Zumba! Have fun, work out and benefit the Leukemia Society all at the same time. Join Team Melissa's Monkeys at the Niles Family Fitness Center at 6 p.m. Friday for some Zumba, a Latin music based cardio workout. $10 donation.
- Two girls' swim teams compete in the Pink Meet to raise money for breast cancer research. Maine East v. Resurrection, 5:30 p.m. Friday Swim for the cure.
- Bring a friend, mom or aunt to the BYOB Painting Party at the Art Station Studio. Create a painting while sipping and spending time with friends. 7 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at 8106 W. Oakton, Niles. $35 includes art materials.
- Join the "Bike Niles" event Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. Get your family on bikes and in helmets and meet at Culver School, 6901 W. Oakton, for a family fun ride through Miami Woods, refreshments, and an extreme bike show. The village wants to promote bicyling.
- Kids can run/walk/bike a 3K at East Maine School District's "Get in Gear To Start the Year" event at Apollo School. 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
- The Community Resource Fair, sponsored by Illinois Sen. John Mulroe, whose district includes part of Niles, starts at 10 a.m. at Dunham Park, 4638 N. Melvina, Chicago. Tons of schools, park districts and government agencies will be displaying the resources they can offer you. Take advantage--your tax dollars are paying for it.
- Ready to see six beautiful gardens--three with ponds? Join the Niles Garden Club's 2nd Annual Garden Walk. Free, but must pre-register. Start at 2 p.m. at Niles Library.
- "The Affordable Care Act: What Does it Mean to You?" takes place at the Morton Grove Library, 2 p.m. Saturday. It's happening! Open enrollment starts in about 2 weeks. Your money and your health is on the line.