- Meet Santa and his reindeer at the Morton Grove Park District's Polarpalooza Friday at 6 p.m., and enjoy a bonfire, hot cocoa, singing by the Niles West Choir and, drum roll please, a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- The weather is setting the stage for the Let It Snow Holiday Bazaar at Golf Middle School, 9401 Waukegan Road, Morton Grove, on Sunday at 11 a.m. More than 20 vendors will sell hand-crafted goods, including jewelry, crafts, food, birdhouses and more.
- Lace up your skates and have your photo taken with the Chicago Blackhawks mascot "Tommy Hawk" at the Westfield Old Orchard Mall ice rink on Saturday, Dec. 14, from 2 until 2:30 p.m. Adagio Teas is serving hot beverages. The ice rink, managed by the Skokie Park District, is outside Bloomingdale's in the north part of the mall.
- Meet Santa, his elves and reindeer at Downtown Skokie's Holiday Fest Saturday from 2 to 6 (the live reindeer will be there from 4 to 6) at Lincoln Avenue and Oakton Street in downtown Skokie. There will be carolers and kids' activities and a raffle. Bring a canned good for the food pantry. Click here for lots more details.
- Meet Santa in a log cabin at the "Santa in the Cabin and Craft and Vendor Fair" Saturday at 11 a.m. at Central United Methodist Church, 8237 N. Kenton. It's a real log cabin, built in 1923 when it was all prairie around here.
Get Niles and Morton Grove news in a daily email from Patch. It's like getting a free newspaper.
Like Patch on Facebook