Lutheran Church of the Resurrection
Rev. Dr. Bruce T. Anderson is pastor of Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, which is known for its Jazz Vespers. In addition to regular Sunday services, the church holds evening Jazz Vespers often on the first and third Sundays.
Pastor Anderson was a professional jazz musician before entering the ministry in the 1970s. He brings in notable musicians for these popular events, which include prayers, readings, and a lot of jazz.
An increased number of young families with children have been attending the church, and Sunday school is growing, reports Karen Anderson, the pastor's wife.
- Hours: Services: Sun, 10:30am (Memorial Day through Labor Day); Sun, 9:30am (Labor Day through Memorial Day); Additional services on holy days
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jan 15 1963
- What makes this community special?: "Excellent village services, a safe community, shopping for all kinds of things is available, transportation is excellent, and there's a wonderful library," said Karen Anderson, the pastor's wife.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Congregation size: 205
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs
- Recreational facilities: No