Many Niles residents attend Maine East High School, one of three high schools in the Maine Township High School District 207. Though it's located in neighboring Park Ridge, it's a quick walk or bike ride away from Niles.
Maine East has a very diverse student body, with about 75 percent of students speaking a language other than English at home. There are 52 languages spoken.
Maine East has made Newsweek magazine's list of America's Best High Schools.
Of Maine Township High School District 207's three schools, Maine East is the oldest, having been built in 1929.
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:45am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1929
- Number of students: 1,950
- Male-to-female ratio: 50-50
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None.
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Football, basketball, track, cross-country.
- Sports teams: The Demons.