St. Bernadette's accepts children with special needs, including developmental disabilities, autism and many other conditions. Students' tuition is paid by the school district in which they reside.
Children from toddlers to age 22 are accepted at the school, which is staffed by licensed special education teachers, as well as a clinical social worker and art, occupational, speech and physical therapists.
Sister Maria, who has a nursing background, is the executive director, and the school is housed in the former Lutheran school building, which is attached to St. John Lutheran Church.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are chair lifts.
- Founding Date: 1970
- Number of students: 6
- Male-to-female ratio: 50:50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 6