Tam O'Shanter Golf Course
The Niles Park District runs this public, nine-hole golf course, and permanent tee times, golf instruction, junior golf instruction and group outings are available.
Tam O'Shanter is open from April through December, weather permitting, and tee times begin at sunrise.
Golf carts may be rented. The course is on gently rolling land adjacent to the North Branch of the Chicago River, providing scenic views.
The golf course was formerly part of the Tam O'Shanter Country Club, owned by George S. May.
The Howard Street Inn, a full-service restaurant and bar, overlooks the golf course. In the summer, patrons may sit at umbrella tables on the restaurant's wide deck, enjoying golf course views.
- Hours: Summer: Daily 6am - 6:30pm Fall: Shorter hours which vary week to week
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1974
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Senior
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Public/Private: Public
- Number of courses: 1
- Aggregate number of holes: 9
- Par: 33
- USGA rating: 63.2
- Facilities: Pro shop, Putting green, Restaurant
- Services: Equipment rentals, Golf carts, Group clinics, Kids' classes, On-course beverage service, Parties/banquets, Private instruction
- Par 3: No
- Tee settings: Men's, Women's
- Restrictions: No pets
- Casual attire: Yes