Village of Niles Fire Department
The Niles Fire Department provides firefighting and rescue services to the village, as well as emergency medical services, fire inspections and community education.
The department has two engines, one truck, two ambulances and one command car.
If a big fire or incident were to occur, the department has pre-arranged relationships with the North Maine Fire Protection District, the Morton Grove Fire Department and a portion of the Park Ridge Fire Department. Niles firefighters would also assist them with major incidents as part of this reciprocal relationship.
Barry Mueller is the fire department chief; Steve Borkowski is deputy chief.
- Hours: 24 hours every day
- Handicap Accessible: One level, no stairs.
- Founding Date: 1899
- What makes this community special?: "You get great services, including fire, police snow removal, and you're not paying premium taxes for them. Plus, Niles is in a phenomenal location, close to the city and to O'Hare," said Barry Mueller, fire chief.
- Services: Firefighting, rescue, emergency medical services, CPR classes, fire inspections, community outreach and education.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: No
- Wi-Fi: None
- Number of firefighters: 54
- Number of trucks: 3
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional